Railways, Smart Technologies - The Way Forward
The organising committee invites members to submit abstracts for technical papers on the following subjects:
- Principles paper explaining current practice or engineering principles
- Technical paper explaining latest practices and/or techniques and results
- Telecommunications technical paper relating to the theme
- Control systems technical paper relating to the theme – not necessarily signalling but any control system e.g., on-board systems, automation systems, train control system etc.
- Current projects papers relating to the theme with the emphasis on engineering/project management process and lessons learned
- Strategic paper relating to the theme (for example ETCS vs CBTC)
Authors are invited to submit an abstract in English of approximately 300 words.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and assessed on originality and technical quality.
Closing date Friday 6th November 2015.
Brisbane Local Meeting
17:15 for 17:30
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Level 3, Northbank Plaza
69 Ann Street, Brisbane CBD
RSVP essential: Amanda Eustance
(07) 3854 6041
By 2:00pm Wednesday 7 October>
Implementation of ERTMS throughout Scandinavia
International specialists from Sweden are visiting Australia to discuss their experience
of delivering the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) throughout
Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
They will focus on the challenges of implementing a high capacity signalling system
in a brownfield environment and the strategies that need to be adopted.
Mats Önner & Michael Fransson – WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
All welcome. Admission is free.
Seminar on Level Crossings Technical Meeting - Site visits
The next IRSE National Technical Meeting will be held in Sydney on 22-24 October 2015.
This meeting will be preceded by a seminar on level crossing principles and practice and will be followed by site visits to Sydney Trains and to Port Botany.
The always popular dinner will be held on Friday night, following the technical sessions.
Octoberfest with YMS
We invite all YM to joing in on Saturday the 24th of October for a casual dinner from 6pm at Lowernbrau The Rocks after the last day of the technical meeting in Sydney.
Give your name to Cassandra, Yvette or Lloyd during the Technical meeting on friday.
The 2016 IRSE Annual General Meeting and Technical Conference will be held in Glenelg, a seaside suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.
Railways, Smart Technologies – The Way Forward
Stamford Grand Hotel, Moseley Square, Glenelg SA
Friday 8th April to Sunday 10th April 2016
An optional Training Seminar will be held on Thursday 7th April 2016
The conference Call for Papers, Members & Partners Program and Sponsorship opportunities will be posted at a later stage.