Steve Boshier presented the 2011 IRSE Chairman's Award to Wayne McDonald at the 2011 AusRail Gala Dinner in Brisbane in front of a capacity crowd of industry participants.
Steve explained why Wayne was a worthy candidate and had been selected to receive this prestige's award. It recognises the enormous amount of work, dedication, impact and change that the individual has made to the Rail Systems industry.
Wayne McDonald is someone who has:-
- Designed and implemented new signalling technologies across Australia, New Zealand and other countries.
- Trained hundreds of signalling engineers, technicians, managers (young & old) along with other interested parties in railway signalling & control equipment & systems.
- He has presented at numerous conferences, written technical papers (just Google and you will see) and is someone who always finds a way to come up with a solution to a problem.
- Setup & maintained the original IRSE web site for many years
- He has a detailed knowledge of many signalling systems and is always willing to go the extra mile in order to get things done.
For more than 40 years Wayne has been serving other engineers through his involvement in the rail industry.