Local Joint Meeting - ADELAIDE
Thursday 3 September 2015
6 pm to 8:30 pm
Engineered Safety and Rail Systems
Signalling Equipment Interfaces – Power through Protocol
Director, Rail Control Systems Australia
Cocktail Meal and Refreshments
To assist with venue setup and catering, please RSVP to Michael Forbes by 28 August 2015
Cost – Free for Members and Visitors
Railways, Smart Technologies - The Way Forward
The organising committee invites members to submit abstracts for technical papers on the following subjects:
- Principles paper explaining current practice or engineering principles
- Technical paper explaining latest practices and/or techniques and results
- Telecommunications technical paper relating to the theme
- Control systems technical paper relating to the theme – not necessarily signalling but any control system e.g., on-board systems, automation systems, train control system etc.
- Current projects papers relating to the theme with the emphasis on engineering/project management process and lessons learned
- Strategic paper relating to the theme (for example ETCS vs CBTC)
Authors are invited to submit an abstract in English of approximately 300 words.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and assessed on originality and technical quality.
Closing date Friday 2nd October 2015.
Seminar on Level Crossings Technical Meeting - Site visits
The next IRSE National Technical Meeting will be held in Sydney on 22-24 October 2015.
This meeting will be preceded by a seminar on level crossing principles and practiceand will be followed by site visits to the Sydney inner west light rail extension and to Port Botany.
The always popular dinner will be held on Friday night, following the technical sessions.
The 2016 IRSE Annual General Meeting and Technical Conference will be held in Glenelg, a seaside suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.
Railways, Smart Technologies – The Way Forward
Stamford Grand Hotel, Moseley Square, Glenelg SA
Friday 8th April to Sunday 10th April 2016
An optional Training Seminar will be held on Thursday 7th April 2016
The conference Call for Papers, Members & Partners Program and Sponsorship opportunities will be posted at a later stage.